Thursday, June 09, 2005

Watch me, duke, watch me...

- BALLERTRONIX:

OK, so official plans are in full effect for the FIRST OFFICIAL
    BALLERTRONIX!!
    (the pre-Hollertronix Basketball 3-on-3 Tournament Thing)

    When: 2 PM on Saturday, 6/11

    Where: 10th and Bainbridge Courts.

    Weather: As of right now, we're looking at a partly
    cloudy Saturday, 86 degrees, 20% chance of precipitation (which,
    coincidentally, hovers right around Bliz's fieldgoal percentage).

    Who: So far, I think we got me, Bliz, BKellz, Dan
    The Swede (aka Skutch), Diplo, and some dude named
    KnucksWhileBucks. Who else is hollering? Women are allowed,
    but they will experience feminism (i.e. we will block the shit
    out of your shots and dunk on you as if you were a male).

    Let's get this shit poppin'!


- Crossfaded Thursdays: Me and the dude, Bo Bliz, are starting our weekly “Crossfaded Thursdays” gig at Filo's Restaurant and Lounge tonight (408 South Second Street, just north of South Street). Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it’s a whopping $5 to get in (which is definitely a bit steep for a weeknight gig), but it’ll be good and fun because Bo and I will murder dem with the hip-hop, r&b, dancehall, 80’s, and classics goodness. Seriously. Filo’s is a real dope spot--diverse crowd, fairly cheap drinks, air-conditioned, convenient location--and Bo and I are ready to kill it. It’ll be fun. If you don’t come this week, come next week or the week after. Seriously.

- I’m lazy. This guy isn’t: Ok, look. I’m a super lazy person. I really don’t do too much shit unless I absolutely HAVE to. The fact that this guy is out there doing this is fucking hilarious, dope, stupid, and depressing all at the same time. I can’t help but think that if this guy (and people like him) would put his/their energy into something more constructive (like saving the world), that this world would be a better place. But, like I said, I’m lazy, so it’s really not my responsibility to save the world. It’s this guy’s. Capitalism is not being overthrown because of people like this guy. Not because of me and my lazy ass...but because of people like this dude. This motherfucker needs to save the fucking world and, quite frankly, I’m pissed that he’s not doing it.

- Love Break Mix: My dude Cosmo Baker’s “Love Break” mix is fucking spectacular. I’m telling you. If you download one mix today, get this shit. You will not be fucking disappointed. Anyway, I know you want to hear the OG sample to that Cam and Kanye track. The Meters “Wichita Linemen” is fucking stupid hot, too. Cosmo dropped that shit at Fluid late-night steez back in the Real Speak days and I about shat myself. Shit is beautiful. Download Part 1 here and Part 2 here. Perfect music for work, or for fucking your girl… or for fucking your girl at work.

- Funny Rap Shit: Here’s some pretty funny rap related shit. The commentary on the album covers in the Run For Cover section is especially good.

-e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home