Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dick in your mouth all day Bitch get your mouth off me!

- Big News: Awww shit! That flier is amazing. My main dude from Cali is gonna be in town, too. We fixing to show him how the fuck we do thangs out in the dirty, grimey, gully Philthydelphia... EARLY!

- Beats to the Rhyme: So, you know on Run DMC’s “Beats to the Rhyme” there’s that hard to distinguish vocal sample? I was hoping it was someone saying “Dick in your mouth all day,” but, Cosmo Baker dropped the knowledge on me: Sim Kinneson saying "Bitch get your mouth off me." Suhweeetuh! I can die in peace now.

- Lit Theory Tuesdays: Don’t miss Literary Theory Tuesdays o’er at the incommensurable Michael Berube blog. Fun stuff about Derrida and why it’s stupid to hate on Lit Theory the way so many people do.

- Catchdubs Updates Proper: If you’re smart, you check his site before you come here, but if you haven’t, the multi-talented dudest of dudes nikolai catch dubs hits us with a full-on, 12 bullet update.

- Zen: Speaking of Catchdubs, Rollie linked the mp3 of that Clipse song Zen that ‘dubs put us up on months ago. Real talk, real rap.

- Real World Austin: I missed the Real World last night. Byron Crawford didn’t. Thankfully.

- Grand Good: Grand Good records is a dope record label run by a couple of my NY folks. I’m supposed to work on a project for them but it’s coming along slooooooowly. They’ve got a dope little mix posted though. It ain’t mixed together, but there’s some fun shit on it. Peep right here.

- Shock G Retires: Apparently Shock G is retiring because he hates the studio and other reasons. I think it’s BS. He’ll be back. Music is like that crack: the addicts always come back. Anyway, I hope so at least… not like I check for his new shit, but uh, it’s nice to know that staples like him are still putting shit down… err, were putting shit down. Whatever. Happy trails, Shocky (and when I say “happy trails,” I don’t mean this).

-e

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger kc said...

its definitely sam kinneson but i think you got it right the first time. if not, run dmc f*cked up too. listen to the end of the song.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger emynd said...

Hey yeah, I forgot about that "a big... a little..." part at the end. That part would make no sense if Cosmo is right. Hm. So, maybe I am right. Frankly, I'd still prefer it to be saying "Dick in your mouth all day."

Anybody else know the deal?

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought he used to to say "kick em out all day"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home