Intensity... in ten cities!
- Minnie Ripperton “Come to My Garden”: Thanks to my dude J****y at Good Records in the LES in NYC (3rd Street between Avenue A and B… GO!), I am now the proud owner of Minnie Ripperton’s quietly slept on classic album “Come to My Garden” which was produced and written by one Mr. Charles Stepney with Ramsey Lewis’s rhythm section (think this). The album is great. “Les Fleur” kills me. Also, for the sample-spotter nerds, the Beatminerz performed one of the best filter jobs ever (no brokeback) with a sample for this album for the beautifully produced track "Hellucination." The Beatminerz used to be great.
- Hedonis: This jawn can rap her ass off. I’m trying to do some beats for her. We’ll see what’s up.
- Lil’ Wayne and Gang Gang Dance: I threw up a remix I did of Go DJ with a Gang Gang Dance sample on my myspace page. Don’t call it a “mash-up” or I’ma smack ya. I just sampled a Gang Gang Dance song. End of story.
- Unnecessary Censorship: I don’t watch the Jimmy Kimmel show, but this censorship clip is absolutely genius.
- JJ Redick: Great article about Duke’s hated child prodigy JJ Redick. I didn’t hate him in the first place, but this article made me like him a bit more. The KKK vs Duke line is priceless, but I think there is a lot of truth to what’s being said in this article. Now, that being said, I am not entirely convinced that Redick is going to be a good NBA player, but I do think he’s the real deal as far as college is concerned. The boy can shoot and he’s really stepped-up every aspect of his game, especially his medium range jumper and his willingness to penetrate. I’m a strong believer that good things will happen when your go-to-guy penetrates. If you can’t get to the rim yourself, the defense will collapse and you’ve got a lil’ dump off to a big man for a dunk or a kick out back out to the perimeter for an open shot or to reset the offense. I want to coach 8th grade
- AYO!: My dude D*n*el pointed this out to me, but peep the O-Dub interview. Not because it’s particularly interesting but because the interviewer says this:
- When I was hired recently as music editor for this newspaper, one of my first orders of business was to find a hip-hop columnist. Fortunately, I got Wang, my first choice.
Oh word? Your first choice was “Wang.” HAH! Dude, you forgot to say “no Brokeback.”
- Cartwright and Marion and Dudes: ForeverBurns (who’s only interest listed in blogger is “leather”) over at FreeDarko posted a great piece about abnormal jumpshots. In fact, the piece is too good. It’s single-handedly frightened me out of contributing to FreeDarko for another 3 or 4 weeks. It’s become clear that I’m out of my league. (In all honesty, I’m going to post some thoughts very soon about Kobe’s 81 and how it has or hasn’t changed the entire landscape of the NBA).
- Mo’ Animals Less Problems: Dude, scientists found hundreds of new plant and animal species in New Guinea! I bet some of these lil’ muhfuckas taste good as hell!
- Office Depot vs H&M: Office Depot has a website you can order stuff from. H&M has a website that you can’t order stuff from. That’s a frustrating fact of life. To quote somebody from the new and improved hollerboard in my recent post about Quizno’s and jean shopping:
- i wish h&m would blaze boldly into 1999 and get a fucking webstore so i could cop shit
Messageboards are beautiful because everyone is a poet… whether they know it or not.