Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Allow me to reintroduce myself...


“My name is Robert. I am a tortured soul.”


- Allow Me to Introduce His Self: My dude Robert from somanyshrimp is finna join me over here at the Schizophrenic Tenant to dual blog with your boy. Why? Well, because I could use the help and because he’s way smarter than me and more handsome and certainly a heck of a lot funnier. We’ve both been pretty lazy about writing over on the shrimp, mostly because we don’t have too much to say about rap music right now (except that I like a lot of it… most of it being Weezy), but it’ll be nice to have his voice around. Seriously, dude is really smart and just an all around good dude. He will make this place better. Funny thing is, you guys know before he does that he’s posting here! HAH! He will be writing in this weird green colored font to differentiate between me and Robert.

- New Fader: The new Fader is out and it’s got a great article about the Clipse and one about spankrock. Cop that ish. It just struck me that it is highly likely that an academic I admire greatly will most likely be bumping this spankrock album very soon (given the type of music he has revealed he listens to on his blog), and that is extremely weird to think this academic that I think is the shit will be listening to music made by an acquaintance of mine. Small world.

- Spermamax: Nuff said.

- For the Duke Haters: I can’t front, I’ve always liked Duke basketball… that is, until recently. I mean, you can’t blame me. I started liking them way back in like 3rd grade. The reason? They were good. Everyone likes good teams when they’re young. Deal with it. I’ve grown to dislike Duke over the years, but I must say that most of the blame for my disdain for this year’s team rests on one player. No, not JJ Redick, but Melchioni. I don’t even know how to spell his name or what his first name is, but I fucking hate the guy… and it’s not because his last name rhymes with my ex’s name. First of all, like all college players I hate, I think I’m better than him. This is a pre-requisite for me to hate a player. I used to despise Kirk Heinrich because I swore I was better than him. Turns out I was completely wrong and I love the guy now, but Melchioni? I’m telling you, I could take him. All the guy does is shoot 3’s which really isn’t all that impressive. He’s got a terrible haircut and a really boisterous attitude to go with it. There’s nothing I hate more than a marginal player who thinks the 3 he just knocked down that put them up 15 instead of 12 is the most important play of the game. Um… this post had a point… Oh yeah, here’s some fairly scientific proof that Duke gets more calls than other teams. By “fairly scientific,” I mean “not at all,” but the logic seems pretty sound to me.

- Center City Restaurant Week: It’s coming and I’m hungry as hell. I think I'm finna eat at Susanna Foo's. Ayo, N*tas**a, think you can make that happen? Holler at me.

- Fat Rabbit: This rabbit is freaking huge.

- Fair Use: A bunch of copyright facts and myths about “Fair Use” and a “poor man’s copyright” etc, etc. Interesting stuff for the intellectual property dorks (me). Wayne presents us with several interesting discussions involving intellectual property as well as the role of the ethnomusicologist over on his wonderful blog.

-e

8 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rabbit is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I am absolutely in love with it. I also am excited about restaurant week but I find that I never end up going to any of them because there are so many restaurants to choose from and I can't decide. This year, I'm gonna make a change though. My pick is Lacroix because I will never in my life be able to afford to eat there otherwise... I can't stop thinking about that rabbit.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger emynd said...

Kibby, what if that rabbit really isn't that big and that's just a really small human?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Restaurant week is tough...some people have been asking me what restaurants to go to since I write that CP column, but then I tell them that I rarely even eat at any of the places I write about and I'm really just a big poser. Kinda like that small human. That guy isn't fooling anyone.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So here we go these Seattle fans and transplanted Birds apologists ripping on my boys the once -current -and future kings of the NFL. Its a good thing I had mad mid-terms this week or feelings would have been hurt earlier than this (by the way E good look on the return to the blogosphere). I told y'all cats mid-season who was gonna win, most commendably on my part, as my prediction contained no partisan fervor or jingoism only the cold logic of reality, which is the steelers are dem franchise boyz (in dem white aways no less--eff a throwback). Say what want about the calls most were bull-isscht (except the push-off- hey folk thats what a push-off is defined as - a push-off-check the replay--if you want to debate the force used in said push-off--holla at Stephen Hawking or somebody who cares) What you need to talk about is Seattle's pathetic D. Let's see - 3rd and 28 just give up that catch to Hines, hey i thought this was prevent duh?
Let alone that Samoan boy gettin' manhandled as Willie P. ran it down they gullet? Regardless of the calls -- no can deny the Steelers did not legitmately win that game and have assured their place in posterity as the best assemblage of all-star super-men since Jason formed the Argonauts. Eff a golden fleece - use it for that shitty Seattle weather - my sqaud got a one for the thumb
Holla at the Red-Necks

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's where I get really excited. I need to get on the blogging horse too, big time. So far I've been unable to channel my thoughts on events into 500 word daily essays, but I'll probably figure out how soon. It's so much easier to dialogue.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger emynd said...

Casi,

This may come as no surprise, but i have no idea what you're talking about.

-e

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger di1 said...

If you need help with restaurant week check out the map I made. Its based off of google maps and each restaurant is broken up into categories so you can see all restaurants or only certain kinds. Check it out at Philly restaurant week map. We've also been featured on communitywalkblog.blogspot.com

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the article about poor man's copyright... was very informative

 

Post a Comment

<< Home