Monday, October 17, 2005

Let that mothereffer burn...




- Fuck Hollerween!: We don’t need no stinking Hollertronix on Halloween! We got Low Budget (from the aforementioned Hollertronix), Steve Bloodbath (from the Town Jewelerz), Dan the Swede, and me & Bo Bliz doing the damn thizzing at Broad and Federal at an ex-funeral parlor. Halloweensoreal. Clich here. Game over.

- Penn State: *sigh* R.I.P. to PSU’s National Title chances. I mean, they were slim to begin with, but I think they would’ve have to gone undefeated to finish in the top two or three this year. They’re still probably gonna wind up in a pretty good bowl, but I had myself convinced that they might do bigger thangs. Oh well. But, here’s some severally bad news: Williams broke his arm. Fuck.

- Reef vs All Hip-Hop: My man Reef is getting some shine at AllHipHop.com. Can’t hate on that. Do your thang, my dude. Bol even got the headline/frontpage story. Gyeah!

- Record Show and Swap Meet: The Record-Revival swap meet is back in the building and I’m swinging through with some gems for trade. At the famed-Holletronix-Ukie from 1-7PM next Sunday, October 22. Bring me your drum breaks.

- White-Washing or the Michael Jackson Disease: So, there’s some rumors that Vanity Fair “white-washed” (i.e. artificially lightened Beyonce’s skintone) Beyonce on the cover of the November issue. Looking at the covers, I can’t notice a discernible difference, but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if it had happened.

- Bun B vs Catchdubs: Go. Catchdubs is a really solid “journalist.” Kudos.

- Underground Hip-Hop Records: Go buy some of Nool’s rare underground hip-hop from ebay.

- Close Your Tags!: Somebody tell the folks at the stencil to close their bold html tags!

- Self-Serving Bad Thoughts: I find myself unwittingly wishing that bad things will continue to happen to Mr. Babylon at his Bronx-based school so his blog will stop being on his “nothing bad enough for me to write about” hiatus. We all know the deal though, dude. It’s not so much that bad stuff isn’t happening, it’s just that dude is more concerned with writing about “Lost” (on his 15th blog) than he is writing about kids. Oh well. Come home, Mr. Babylon!

- Grimey: I know this kind of shit happens everywhere, but Jesus Christ, Philly can be a really grimey place. Clever headline to the piece, too. Not really pathos-filled, but cute, right?

-e

3 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suck my bold-tag balls, pal.

That shit was done on purpose to convey the importance of the conversation described.

Did my bold-tag stutter, motherfucker?

-caps
el stencimilla

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of, why don't you get yr Vanity Fair link straight? What the fuck am I looking at when I want to see (allegedly) white-washed Beyonce?

Dang, my dude.

caps

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Mr. Babylon said...

Thanks for the support E.

Plenty bad days happen, and that LOST shit is cake, I just felt like Mr. B was in danger of growing a little repetitve, plus I'm real serious about all those other projects, which is taking up a whole lot of my time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home