Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Put Your Lighters Up...



- Hey Mr. DJ, Everbody Wants to Party: I’m a DJing fool this week. Wednesday I’m DJing at Medusa’s Lounge (12-2, come through! More info tomorrow)with my dude Bo Bliz, then Thursday I’m DJing at my soon to be defunct weekly gig at Filo’s with my dude Bo Bliz, then Friday I’m DJing at the Blue Horseshoe (with my dude Bo Bliz) at a party for the newest issue of Nothing Fancy.

- Pics: I already posted the picture of the one and only Schizophrenic Tenant (with my custom T to prove it) above being a drunken idiot at Voilatronix, but here’s one with me and the aforementioned Bo Bliz. It’s also worth posting this pic: one of my other DJ partners Dan the Swede (Skutch) looking like a Trisomy child, sweating his ass off. Hilarious. Bo, The Swede and I got a White T’s and White Belts at Ulana’s poppin’ off next Friday. More info soon. Shit should be stupid hot as usual.

- DJ Stef and Vinyl Exchange Radio: I’ve never actually paid respects on this site to one of the most wonderful people I’ve (n)ever met on the net, the one and only Ms. DJ Stef from the internet staple the Vinyl Exchange. This girl has been the dude forever and continues to hold it down both as a solid DJ and an all around good person. I am proud to say that she liked one of the songs I produced for Reef’s new LP “Feast or Famine” (press release) enough to play it on her internet radio show recently, and I am both grateful and flattered. Stef is the shit. We love you, dog. Download an MP3 of the show right here. There’s some other really dope stuff on the mix like a rare Derelicts track (408 stand up!), a superb Intelligent Hoodlum track produced by the dude K-Def (i.e. “K-Def and Larry O are on some real live shit”), and a dope Ill Bill and DJ Eli song. Cop that shit. And cop Reef’s new album on CD or on vinyl.

- A Big White Lie: This dude thought he was white his whole life until he found out his mom was lying to him. What the fuck?

- Christians are Awesome: Christians prove once again to be the open-minded, loving, god-fearing folks we all know and love by ever so lovingly kicking a girl out of school because her parents are lesbians. Makes sense to me!

- Robots and Money: God damn it, Robots are so lucky! I wish I was a Robot. So does my friend Kibby. Regular ol’ humans found Odysseus’s grave so read that if you’re into that sorta thing, but personally, I find Robots finding treasures way more interesting. But, there’s also ghost stories poppin’ off, too.

- Free Beanie!: Beanie is free!

- Phillies! BLAAAH!: The motherfucking Phillies lost last night and so that puts them 1 and a half games out of the wild card spot, so that means they’re about to do what they always fucking do: almost make the play-offs but not quite. Five games left you bastards. Let’s do the damn thing!

- VH1 Rap Thingy: I didn’t watch this shit, but I suspect Noz’s thoughts about it are more interesting anyway. The dude Noz is the realest rap nerd I know (and feel free to peep his itunes playlist if you feel like appeasing the voyeur in you). I love reading his shit. Somebody pay this man to write.

- Really Weird Movie Sample Thingy: This list compiles “The Top 1319 Sample Sources” used in music from movies. Really weird but, I suppose, marginally interesting.

-e

12 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to google trisomy. You're going to hell, dude

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger emynd said...

Haha! Tell me it's not true.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Drew said...

I started read that Odysseus shit but I was way too distracted by this to continue. And yeah, I definitely want to come through Friday; where's the place at anyway? I should also note that this is the hardest word verification I've ever had to fill out...shit's like a test.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, you really do look like jim jones.

i'm really hoping j-roll, ryan howard and the rest of your phils keep clemens out of the playoffs.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emil, did you mean that I also wish to be a robot or that I also wish that you were a robot. In my opinion, both statements would be true, but the second is a little bit more accurate. I'm looking forward to seeing you friday, if not before!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger emynd said...

Drew,

The party is at The Blue Horseshoe which is at 10 South 20th Street (just south of Market Street on the west side of 20th).

Brickowski,

I'm pissed I don't look like Juelz. All my friends will attest to the fact that I hate baseball but J-rolls has got me enthralled with this Phillies team. Dude is so real.

Kibby,

Both statements.

-e

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gyeah! ghyeah! gyeah! gyeah!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Rocco Chappelle said...

That Reef track "Main Event" sounds like Timbaland doing the "PSA" beat. It's pretty hot.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger emynd said...

The vocals are WAY too loud on that Reef track. Blah.

-e

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whered the pic go? you weenie. youre still goin to hell.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you used my sample archive link. cool.

that article about the guy in orlando is beyond mind blowing.

peace!

DJA

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger noz said...

thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home