Tuesday, November 29, 2005

How it shoot if it's plastic?



- Stupid Question: I have a stupid question that might reveal to you all how thoroughly stupid I am: Why is Saddam Hussein on trial? What is he on trial for? Don’t we have to sort’ve conclude that someone’s “guilty” of something really bad before we go to war with them? I don’t understand what the hell this trial is about. We were trying to kill the dude for several months before we found him. Now we’re going to pretend that never happened and trot along with the “innocent ‘til proven guilty” shenanigans? I’ve got to be missing something. Somebody explain this to me.

- 50 Cent’s Condom: 50 is coming out with a condom. Impressive.

- Free Darko: I am now officially an active, posting member of Free Darko--the best website ever. What this means for the future of Free Darko? Not much, in the grand scheme of things. But, it’ll be fun and challenging and I’m sure I’ll be made to look like an idiot even more than I already get made to look like an idiot on my own blog. Anyway, it’s a pleasure to be writing with those dudes, and peep how the plan came together. While you’re o’er there, cop a shirt.

- Fighting Terrorism is Awesome!: This seems like a totally awesome way to fight terrorism that doesn’t sound like a waste of time, effort, and/or man-power at all! Awesome!

- Karma: So, the Seahawks won a game they didn’t deserve to win… but, the Giants were close in a game they didn’t deserve to be close in. Peep. It all works out in the end.

- Anti-Trust?: Apparently, all-around good-guy Senator Specter (hah!) thinks that the Eagles might be violating Anti-Trust laws by benching TO. I really don’t understand the logic. I understand that the Eagles should let other teams talk to him if they’re planning on getting rid of him so perhaps that’s where Specter’s beef sits, but other than that, I don’t see how paying the dude to do nothing is a violation of anything (except for the Eagles’ chances to win).

- New iPod: Psh. And you thought the Nano was small. Hell no. Peep the Zepto.

-e

10 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger kc said...

i'm not an antitrust law expert, but from my LIMITED legal experience in this area i can kinda see where Specter is going, but i still think he has an uphill battle.

The NFL has a natural (and legal) monopoly on professional football. TO is a professional football player who has no other comparable place to play but the NFL.

Therefore, TO could argue that the NFL, as a legal monopolist, cannot refuse to deal with him on unreasonable terms since Section 1 of the Sherman Act prevents joint action that results in an anti-competitive restraint of trade.

There are plenty of issues related to this argument though, #1 being, where is the joint action? The NFL and the Eagles? The second issue is whether this is even anticompetitive. TO is not a competitor of the NFL, so has competition even been harmed?

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emil, to my knowledge Saddam is being tried for crimes against humanity (a la Milosevic) specifically referring to the gas attacks made upon ethnic Kurds in the northern region of Iraq and for ruining his country (via massive monetary reappropriation and terror police/gestapo tactics) by the Iraqi people (or interim regime). Tangentially, Mommar Qhaddafi's daughter (a french-educated lawyer) is a member of his massive legal team and is reportedly very hot, making her one of the most gangster jawns on the planet. As I said, I believe he is being tried by the Iraqi people, not some World Court/the Hague-type bull-isscht or Nuremberg-esque tribunal, but I'm not sure. Craps told me last night (while we were watching my boys get there rear's handed to them by the Colts) that Saddam gets up in court and say's something to the effect of: "i am still the Iraqi president, the guards let me out whenever I want because I still pay them and am still in control" etc. etc. All I care about is that bastard getting the two feet of hemp rope love that Goering got in 1945. I am actually surprised the Iranians haven't tried to wax that boy yet after his biological attacks on the Iranian military during the Eighties. I have an article from the Atlantic Monthly about Saddam's legal situation I can provide if this was not enough help----water

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way congrats on Free Darko...is cliff doing that too?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger emynd said...

G, I don't know who Cliff is. Rocco Chappelle is, though. Hit me with that Atlantic Monthly article if you can. If you don't have a scan or a full-text article, just gimme the issue number and I'll find it myself. Good look. Was hella good seeing you this weekend. I'm glad ish is going well with you, dude. You deserve it couch-fetus.

-e

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Rocco Chappelle said...

G,
I thought I was the only young bol on the eastern seaboard with a subscription to the Atlantic Monthly. I also have a subscription to the Woodrow Wilson Quarterly, we should do a mag. swap.
I'm glad we never hang out sober, the dorkdom would be vomit inducing.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rocco, i also subscribe to wilson quarterly (which is a great periodical) funny how a racist southerner with no grasp of foreign policy manages to become the namesake of a great foreign policy journal (plus Condi is on its board of directors) nerddom has it's perks....one of which is celibacy...peace

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also get Foreign Policy (a glossy mainstream mag) and Foreign Affairs which is a really great journal (the bird flu issue made me piss my pants in trepidation). I would be happy to work out a mag sharing arrangement.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Rocco Chappelle said...

G,
Hit me at rocco@freedarko.com. I know you're about your school shit these days, so later this week we can get boozed up and play with glossies if you know what I'm sayin' (yes homo).

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger skinny said...

this was discussed over thanksgiving and we couldn't see why the courts would rule with TO and not with Clarette.

congrats on getting inducted (?) into the freedarko clan. I bet it almost makes up for not getting to drink with me and my bro last weekend.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your point on saddam is a bit like the whole media furore early in the so called war, when soldiers were filmed shooting wounded iraqis point blank... the media somehow managed to overlook the fact that they were trying to kill them minutes before from a greater distance?? whole thing is a mess..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home