Thursday, November 10, 2005

What the game been missin'....



When: November 12, 10 - 2 AM
Where: 1226 South 2nd Street (2nd and Federal)
Who: emynd, Bo Bliz, Dev 79, Needleguise


A couple weeks back, my dude came home to his apartment, only to find it engulfed in flames, along with everything in it: turntables, records, TV, clothes... unfortunately, even his dog.

Please come support the dude(s) and see some really dope DJs rock on some house-party-esque atmosphere reminiscent of the epic Halloween party "Child's Play." We are asking for a $10 donation at the door--all of the proceeds of which will go to my dudes that were left homeless from the fire. Plus, it's free beer until the kegs are kicked (good beer, not some bullschitt-ass miller lite or anything), then it's $1 beers the rest of the night, or BYOB if you're too broke to pay $1 a beer. Please come through. It's a good cause and you're guaranteed to pay less than $15 to get absolutely annihilated (unless you're Bdynamite in which you will magically accidentally spend at least 10 times that, get extremely drunk, and then claim somebody drugged your drink).

We're gonna rock that schitt on some no-holds-barred wile out schitt with myself, Bo Bliz, Dev79, and the "victim" himself, Needleguise. If time permits, my dude from Indianapolis Scott Matelic is gonna bless us with a set as well. He's an effin' great DJ.

Same ol' same ol' 10-2 schitt, but it's at a 2nd street social/mummer's club so you know the cops aren't gonna mess with us if we run until 3 or 4...

Two Street stand up!

I'm super excited about this. It's gonna be hella fun and we're gonna help my dude get back on his feet.


- What the Game’s Been Missing: Juelz’s album is really effin’ good. I was expecting it to stink. Wrong. It’s good. Perhaps great. I’ll get back to you on that in like two weeks, but as for right now, it’s really good.

- Baskey-bally: Despite my claim that the key to the Sixers success was reliant on AI’s assist-to-turnover ratio, the Sixers won when Iverson had 7 assists and 4 turnovers. Oh well. So I’m not a basketball analyst. Let’s take this to the court! I can still dunk on you (figuratively… not literally). Anyway, I still do think that the Sixers will be in good shape if AI’s assist-to-turnover ratio stays around 3:1 but they really need to start playing better D. Beating Dallas without Dirk Nowitki isn’t a great accomplishment, but I’ll take what I can get. As for the Sonics, well, they’re a pitiful 1-3 and it hasn’t been pretty. They got HAMMERED by the Cavs last night. Ugh. Get your game up, terds!

- Skull Snaps: For my beat digger nerds, the group Skull Snaps has been brought back together in order to do a show in NYC. Pretty cool. I don’t really care, but, it’s pretty cool.

- Holy Cheerleader Meta-References Batman: So, we’ve all heard the story by now of the lesbian cheerleaders kissing and tickling and fisting and munching on each other’s private parts in the bathroom, right? Now there’s online story about how the story is a popular online story. I’m more impressed by the confusing meta-referentiality of the stupid piece than I am by the lesbian cheerleaders leading each other’s tongues into their respective crotches.

-e

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Drew said...

I hear that story about how the lesbian cheerleaders story is a popular story is popular.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone else find it funny that the names of the alleged participants are Renee [sic] and Angela? Stall to Stall b/w Imaginary Penthouse Pets... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home