Monday, September 19, 2005

Go Read a Book.


Where my dogs at?


- Marathon Grizzill and Menace II Sobriety: The DJ situation this weekend was hectic. I was originally supposed to cover for my dude while one of my dude’s (Bo Bliz) and my dudette (Lady Jae) held down the Blue Horseshoe with our new monthly called “Menace II Sobriety” (best name ever and wait ‘till you see the flier) but that got all fucked up when still another dude hollered at me and asked me to cover for him at the Marathon Grill. So I found someone to cover for my original covering (and that didn’t turn out so well) while Bo and I held down Marathon. Long story short: Bo and I killed it and it was mad fun (thanks, lowbudget!) and next month Menace II Sobriety is gonna jump off huge like. Don’t forget ‘bout that there White T’s and White Belts shiz that we got poppin’ at Ulana’s the first Friday of October (the 7th). Flier coming soon. We about to put Philly on full-time smash. And what!

- Wayne Waxin’ ‘Bout Wax: Do yourself a favor and visit wayne’s blog urryday before you come here because I’m probably just going to link something from his blog on my blog anyway and he’s constantly coming with the most readable, intelligent, and interesting shit on his shit. Dude makes the rest of us amateurs look like the amateurs we know that we are.

- DJ Shadow Madness: Messageboards are going nuts for this new DJ Shadow mix. Get it here or here or here. It’s got the Cosmo Baker stamp of approval and I think it’s pretty cool but certainly not the life-changing mix of music I was unwittingly convinced into expecting. Oh well. Some white dude decided it’d be a good idea to adapt a few DJ Shadow tracks for a live performance by some high-school percussion quintet. The results are cute: this andthis.


- Birds vs Birds: To my great delight this weekend, my beloved Seahawks (who I had given up on until yesterday’s game) beat the perpetually (i.e. last two years) overrated Atlanta Falcons because Michael Vick CAN NOT PASS FROM THE POCKET. I don’t care how much dude can run and how insanely athletic he is, if you’re the only player on the field that has the authority to throw the ball forward, you had better be marginally better than average at it if you expect to do big thangs (i.e. win the ‘chip). I’m not a part of the Vick bandwagon at all. I respect dude’s athleticism immensely (especially given his physical ailments), but at some point, you gotta be able to make that 10 to 15 yard pass with a certain degree of accuracy. Frankly, I don’t care if he was cramping up either. Pulling him on the final play of the game (that 4th and 14) was the most blatant vote of NON-confidence in Vick’s passing game that I’ve ever seen. He’s your fucking franchise player for fuck’s sake! Byron Leftwich was gunning like a warrior at the end of the Colts game getting absolutely HAMMERED every play. Don’t tell me Vick couldn’t take one more snap… especially since he walked off the field so easily. Eff him.

- Shawn Carter has become a common alias of criminals: This is a sad story that’s marginally funny because of the simple fact that “Shawn Carter has become a common alias of criminals, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections.” Fuck the police. Dude told cops his name was "Shawn Carter" and they put him in jail because some dude named Shawn Carter was wanted for a bunch o' shit: Peep this garbage:
    Any of these known facts could have sprung Johnson: He was in jail at the time of Carter's arrest. Johnson's sister and sister-in-law are Hill Correctional Facility employees. Officials ignored their pleas that Johnson was not Carter. Carter had a dragon tattoo, which was described in the arrest warrant. Johnson did not. Authorities never compared the two men's fingerprints. Officials had photographs of both men. Carter is 3 inches taller than Johnson.


- Hurricane Crisis Benefit: David Banner and friends up in the New York Times. The bol Kalefeh has really been holding it down over there. Kudos.

-e

12 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Mr. Babylon said...

Over-rated? By who? Fired up ATL fans like me?

Dirty reached the NFC champ. game last yr where they got tore up, and I expect about the same this yr. Most "experts" are saying wildcard. You don't see that?

Mexico's unexceptional but fine in the pocket (remember that 65 yd strike against your Eagles?) but his best (only) target is a fat TE.

Falcons are a running team (led the league last yr,) they're not gonna blow anybody out, but they'll wear 'em out and win a lot of close ones.

I know it's worthless in the end, but an 18-0 2nd half comeback is impressive.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger emynd said...

It should be noted that I don't know much about football nor do I pay attention to announcers and analysts and the like. I was under the impression that most folks considered them dirty birds a lock for the conference finals. Guess not. Seahawks are gonna win the superbowl anyway.

Heh.

-e

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Mr. Babylon said...

I didn't even see the game, just standing up for my own... I'm sure somebody's picking ATL to the finals, but I think the general consensus is they're gonna be about the same as (maybe a little worse than) last year.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger kc said...

i let my blog speak for friday's mishap. i think its clear that you were an innocent non-party to the incident. if not, i'm saying it now.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger emynd said...

I'm just an innocent "non-party" because I helped contribute to the one minute of "non-partyness" going on. Ziiiing! I really shoulda thought "Hm, maybe it's not cool if dude hooks up his Serato. After all, KC did have me come here with him hella early to set up his stuff. Maybe there was a reason we came all early to set up stuff. Hmmmm." But, no, I didn't think that.

All I thought was:


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

-e

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

always hard to be a qb w/shitty recievers

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo babylon:
ATL sucks, shawty
see you in buffalo this sunday
birds v. bills

emil holler at me
time to get this tape jumpin
and why're you a hawks fan again?

- yng. caps

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger emynd said...

Caps,

Born in Seattle, homie. Got hella family out there, too.

-e

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Mr. Babylon said...

Prediction: Vick plays with the pulled hamstring, is seen chanting something over and over to himself the whole game, and throws for 300 yds.

When asked post-game what he was saying, Mike will cock his hat up on his head and reply...
"You be hating and I see why, 'cause you don't know me..."

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Mr. Babylon said...

I'm a fucking genius.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger emynd said...

Babylon,

He threw for less than 200 yards.

-e

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Mr. Babylon said...

Details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home