Tuesday, November 01, 2005

And den whaaat....


"Gimme potato chips next year and see what happens!"


- Happy Halloween: I’m absolutely astonished that my house didn’t get TP-ed last night. Not because I live in a particularly mischievous neighborhood or anything. And certainly not because anyone has a long-lasting vendetta against me and/or my family (that I know of), but for the simple fact that my mom was giving out BAGS OF POTATO CHIPS to trick or treaters. When I found out about this, I was like “WTF?!” Who the hell wants potato chips for Halloween? Mothereffers want Reese’s peanut butter cups and/or twizzlers! I can’t believe that this year, we were “the bad treat” house. The house that all the kids whispered about when meeting up on the street corner: “Yo, Mr. Johnson is handing out whole packages of Swedish fish! Be sure to go there. But, man, Mrs. N***** is handing out potato chips, dude! Eff that!” I totally expected to walk out my door this morning and see toilet paper everywhere… and what’s more? We would’ve deserved it.

- God Bless Scoop Jackson: NBA season starts tonight! What! Go sixers! They finna win the Atlantic Division just like everyone Scoop Jackson says. Gyeaaaah!

- Jr Gong vs Sean de Paul: Wayne is back at it with an absolutely wonderful review of the new Damian Marley album and the new Sean Paul album. There’s an interesting little exchange between my SIUC dude Ken and Wayne in the comments section. I think I fall more on Wayne’s side, especially when he says stuff like the following:
    i think we have to ask what kind of work is "jamrock" doing? and i'm just not convinced that it's doing anything more productive than any sean paul songs (my emphasis).


- Ivy League and Legacy: “Legacy admissions” is rather obviously just “affirmative action” for the privileged, isn’t it? Next time someone opposes race-based “affirmative action” for minority students to universities, just punch them in the face and assure them that “meritocracy” is only a myth white folks use to perpetuate their privilege anyway.

- The Shrimp: The shrimp was down for a few days, but it’s back and better than ever. Serg (host of the best-named website ever) sparked things off with this tremendous post. The song really is terrible. How you gonna sample “Sweet Child O’ Mine”?

-e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home